Pages

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

fly guy correspondence

On the fishing front, its been a highly uneventful week. On the home front things are quite the opposite though. We have just closed out T-ball season and finished a garage sale. Summer football camp for our oldest is going strong and with summer break in full swing, my wife has been on a steady diet of trips to the pool, beach and Six Flags. My work schedule has been relentless but am greatly looking forward to next week when I will finally be on vacation. It is a long overdue chance to catch up on my honey-do list but I'm looking forward mostly to getting reacquainted with the river.

Though my presence on the water has been limited, its been great keeping up with a few of the guys I've trading emails with. Their success has fueled my fire and continues to push me through till the end of this week.

River levels are reaching some serious lows and with no rain in the 10 day forecast I don't see conditions changing soon. My buddy reports the fish are stacking in serious numbers in the deep water. 20 fish out of a single pool is unreal and a sure sign that if you find one your sure to find the many.

even with the low flow the milwaukee river still gives up some great smallies
Through our email exchanges we are helping each other uncover some of the mysteries held within this 100 miles of bass and pike fishing paradise. The funny thing is, we haven't come across a bad area yet. So, for you wondering where on the Milwaukee is the hottest spot, I would have to say anywhere in the water. If anyone else is interested in exchanging some info or sharing some photos and reports on the Milwaukee, drop me a line.

ahh yes, fish with teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment