Pages

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mullet

Photo by G.E.J. Norman

I'm chasing Mullet on the Fly at the moment and so I went back through the archives to find this photo of the first one I ever caught. My writing on the back simply reads 1 1/2 lb Mullet with a date in my Mother's hand of 1st July 1977 and I remember it all so well. We were on one of many family holidays to Wick Ferry, Christchurch, Hampshire (Now Dorset) staying at the long gone Pontins Holiday Camp on the River Stour. I caught this fish on my second hand spinning rod with Woolworths fixed spool reel, using float fished double maggot under a pale orange tipped Peacock Quill float and, at 9 yrs of age, I was thrilled to land this hard fighting fish which was returned safely, after its photo call with my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment