Pages

Ads 468x60px

Friday, June 21, 2013

The Dark Side...



With a few days of fine settled summer weather here the fishing finally kicked off for me after the close. Fishing after dark was most productive with 12 fish landed over two sessions the second session all fish were between 5 to 7 1/2 Lbs which I have to say felt very good after many months of very little Bass activity here in West Cork. I've been trying to get some good quality night fishing photos together and despite 100's of shots I'm still not quite happy with the results but I think I understand the issues. I hope to get better quality images for a magazine article I'm writing as the summer continues and hopefully blesses us with some more good weather. At times the photography aspect has been quite comical, the routine being, land fish, tow it to shallow water and safety, set camera to repeat fire self timer on mini tripod, press shoot, flounder around with fish in the darkness as the flash fires, release fish and check results! Also during these sessions I feel I've definitely been groping around with regards to what is THE lure to be on and stick with if I'm on the fish and conditions are stable, not easy if you're fishing on your own but I don't think I'm too far off...

No comments:

Post a Comment