Pages

Ads 468x60px

Monday, May 6, 2013

You've got to be optimistic

I knew it was a good fish as soon as I hooked it. When it was eventually subdued enough to consider putting a hand on it I was pissed that I was deep wading and the net was half a mile away in the car. Just as that thought left me the fish rolled around with the pressure I was putting on it to bring it within my reach ,the line I could see was wrapped around its snout and gills unravelled , the hook came out and it was gone. It took this better than I normally would as that was the biggest Sea Trout I’ve hooked to date. That aside, I wouldn’t want it to happen again :0) At the moment I’m finding the fish, catching them , losing some of course  but I think I’m fishing well and the rest is your luck.  There’s definitely some really nice fish around, I’ve seen them and hooked them. It’s not every day you get the opportunity to double your PB but there are one or two like that around. I’m optimistic enough to think I might have another chance like that this year….
Nice bright fish,41cm
45cm  but not in great condition

Anyway, shouldn’t have been fishing today but I woke up at 5.30am. I should really be finishing packing for Norway, better crack on!




No comments:

Post a Comment