Pages

Ads 468x60px

Monday, August 6, 2012

milwaukee river fly fishing pike

Recently after posting on a local forum I received a private message. It went like this-

Something to think about.
Positive reports for waters in large metro areas bring unwanted pressure.
You might want to think about that when debating a report about the Milwaukee River.
I'm basing this on fact.

a nice bridge pool somewhere on the Milwaukee River
I replied-
It's a long river, over 100 miles and all of it has fish. I think the secret is out!

Milwaukee River pike on the fly "seaducer"
I thought forums were for sharing reports? Am I going about it wrong? Should I be making up shitty ones?

Here we go, I'll give it a try then-

Been fishing the Milwaukee River for the past 2 years. Haven't caught much other then a few bulhead and rock bass, some nasty carp, a few old tires, and a bathtub. If your looking for smallmouth bass, pike, musky, and crappie I would just move on. The last few years the salmon, steelhead, and brown trout runs have been dismal. Less then 10 fish per species have move in from the harbors. Spend your time more wisely somewhere else where you actually have a chance of catching a game fish. As for me I'm happy just flogging this empty scum pit over and over with no results.

Honestly buddy, try promoting catch and release fishing and selective harvest, you might get more bang for your buck.

No comments:

Post a Comment