Pages

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

fox river wisconsin- fly fishing smallmouth

The Fox River in Wisconsin certainly is worth a look for some of the serious fly anglers who frequent the borderlands. Just as I have given the lower reaches in Illinois a look, I have also made a few trips up to Wisconsin to fish the Fox. In Wisconsin, finding rocky riffles and runs aren’t hard and the clarity here tends to be clearer then down south which seems to work out better for throwing flies.

a foggy morning on the fox river in wisconisn

Fly Guy Brian has done a wonderful job helping me scout out some new areas and our exchange of information is something that I have grown to look forward to. He spent a foggy morning diving into an area on the Fox River in Wisconsin that I thought had some serious potential. He proves my theory again on the Fox, if you spend half a day fishing here you will catch some smallmouth but also have at least one big bite opportunity.

fox river smallmouth on the fly - wisconsin edition
Obviously he has done well to capitalize on that bite!


No comments:

Post a Comment