Pages

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, November 26, 2011

a fishing forum powered by bloggers

So, many of you may have noticed that the Illinois Wisconsin Fishing Forum crashed last week. It was a result of some sort of corruption in the actual database. The backup files were also corrupt and the system restore didn't work from the web host. 3 months work down the tube... If it doesn't cost you money, it's gonna cost you time...

Well I'm happy to say that I'm back at it again and this time I made a forum that is geared towards the outdoor blogging world. This forum is gonna be protected with weekly downloads of not only the files but the actual database as well. This time I used the real open source download from phpbb instead of the simple script install provided by my host. I've noticed that the software is performing much better then before and even came with a couple extra bells and whistles. I'm basically finished testing out the software and its working awesome so I wanted to take a minute to invite you all to check it out.

For any fishing blogger who maintains a link to the new forum on their blog, I will make them a member of the blog writers group inside the forum. I will also make a custom image link to their blog for their signature on their posts. Go check out one of my posts and try my link out at the bottom of a post. Pretty slick!

On the forum is a category named "showcase". This is a spot for some of you blog writers to share some of your best posts. I encourage you to copy some of your best work in that category and would be grateful for some help with building some content.

Check it out at 365fish.net



No comments:

Post a Comment