Pages

Ads 468x60px

Friday, July 30, 2010

Catch Report.



The fishing here has been truly memorable here over the last while. Thanks to some new discoveries in equipment and locations plus a lot of time and perseverance (I have fished ten out of ten days and counting) the results have been stunning. I was beginning to wonder despite the average size of fish being very good, probably at least a pound or more greater than the last two years, where the larger fish were going to come from. Last night I landed an 8.5lb fish that well and truly beats my Cork PB for shore caught plug and lure Bass of 7lb+. It still sends me into shock when I see a fish of that size in the flesh. It's been a wonderful few days, shortly before hooking the big guy I was joined by an Otter foraging along the moonlit shoreline to within a few meters of me and not the least bit bothered by my antics.

Numbers for the last ten days..............

2 - 4lb - Lost count, probably 50+
5lb - 5
6lb - 4
7lb - 1
8lb - 2
8.5lb - 1

All fish were taken on barbless hooks and returned unharmed.

Still looking for that illusive double but that will come when its ready..........

No comments:

Post a Comment