Pages

Ads 468x60px

Monday, August 24, 2009

Tough conditions, but success







The wind was supposed to be slight and out of the east. That's just perfect of beach snook fishing.



But when I got to the beach, the swells were fairly large and breaking right on the beach. In addition, there was a storm to the north that was threatening.



I decided to stick it out and was rewared. I caught and released 10 snook to 27 inches, lost several more and stuck a couple of hogs (but lost both). There were some sizeable snook in the surf today.



KEY TO SUCCESS: What worked for me was the find snook and wait until a wave broke right on them. I'd cast and hook up with good success. The stirred up water had them off-guard and they weren't quite as spooky.



Most of the action took place north of where I usually get into fish. Then, I got into a bunch on the walk back.



I consider this a very good day, in lieu of the circumstances.



Tide was incoming. Lots of grass in the surf. I don't think a spin angler would have had as much success.

No comments:

Post a Comment