Pages

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Top Water Bass Action

  Well, the dog days of summer have certainly come. The extreme heat and lack of rain has defiantly done a number on the finned species we all seek. I have only hit the water a handful of times, and success has been up and down like a roller coaster ride. Hopefully we will soon get the relief that we need.

  Last night I ventured out as the temps have come down a bit compared to last week. I dropped the old Sylvan in the water at about 6:30 P.M. I started off tossing the twister tail that I have had much success on in the past few weeks, but came up empty handed. So I made a quick switch of hardware to one of my favorite top water baits. The Buzz Bait!

  Tied on a quick knot  on to my Black Buzz bait. Started tossing to shorelines and docks where the Largemouth like to roam and feed in the evenings. Second cast in hooked into a nice 16" Bucket mouth.

 Few more casts and I had another explode on the surface chasing my bait. Hook-set and no gas. I missed him or he missed the bait. This seemed to be the case on and off all night. Either way it is a blast to just sit back and watch these finned fish explode on the surface. I ended up catch 2 more fish throughout the night, but they weren't as big as the first one to the boat. The evening ended with a spectacular sunset over the lake.

  Nothing beats the top water action that comes with the dog days of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment