Pages

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fly Tying (the next best thing)

With the rain we have had my local rivers will be up and coloured, these are times when i am so frustrated..
The good side of fly fishing gives you plenty to do when the rivers are not fishable like tying your flys, i have only been tying flys for around 9 months but i am getting better, there are lots of advise on the net of how to tie your favorite flys.
After fishing ith John Tyzack i noticed that he only uses around 4/5 different flys 90% of the time, this has made me get rid of all the flys i never use in my box, all i need is a small box with my favorites..
This will contain Klinkhammers,olive duns, olive emergers, F flys and sedge paterns..I might just have a few adams and grey dusters tucked away for certian times.
I will be posting a few pictures of my flys and how to tie them just to help new fly tyers as this helped me when i started out, i am no expert by any means but i am catching fish on all these so must be doing something right!
There is no better feeling than catching a trout on a pattern tyed by yourself.
Nice one

Glen

No comments:

Post a Comment