Pages

Ads 468x60px

Friday, August 1, 2008

River Dove Ellastone (again!)



Went for another go on the ellastone strech again, this river is only fifteen mins away from home and is the best river i have fished so far, its has everything in the short strech it runs also being a lovely spot to be in, being used to living in stoke! these places are a joy to be in.
The fishing was hard tonight, the river was slightly up and coloured due to the previous nights rain, rises were still in the abundance but i had trouble getting any takes and went through my fly box.
I noticed that most trout were coming clean out the water taking flys, but dont know what these fish were taking, due to my inexperience.
Around half eight i let a adams run down stream of me in the top section, a very small take and lifted the rod into a fish which seemed to be very small, then the fish started to thrash in the same spot for a good 10 seconds, i thought this was another fish until the drag on my reel ripped off, the fish made a long downstream dart. The fish made at least 6 heavy darts for snags, i ended up with a lump of weed on my line which nearly lost me the fish,
In the end i landed a rainbow of the upper 2lb mark and this goes down as my best fighting fish of season so far.
I also caught a nice brown of half a pound from near the bridge at dusk to end another great night but while taking a picture it jumped out my hand into he river!

Thanks Glen

No comments:

Post a Comment